New Clubs Of DVC 2019-2020 School Year

Charles Skinner, Staff Writer

Many new clubs are starting up for the 2019-2020 school year, and student leaders express their passions in a preview of what’s to come.

Clubs are a way for the students to show their individuality and come together with people who share their same interests.  It is also a way for students to try and leave a little piece of themselves after they graduate, or even further advance the already diverse culture of this school.

The first club is the DVC Film Production Club. Their activities will consist of making movies/ documentaries about the school of Da Vinci and teaching others how to make films. They will be meeting on Mondays and Wednesdays during lunch and after school.

“I have a high interest in the film,” said senior Film Production Club leader Devin Saddler. “That is what I want to do in my future, become a film director. So I feel like that would be good practice. Also, I’m going to be teaching the things that I love to do to other people at my school.” 

Second, there are Video game/Wii sports clubs. Their activities will consist of playing video games just to have fun. They will meet right after school on Mondays from 3:45 – 4:45.

“I just feel like playing video games at school I thought would be fun for us,” said junior Video Game Club leader Jordan Lee.

Third, the Bible Club. They will answer any questions someone has about the bible and they see what the Bible has to say about it. They will meet from 4 to 4:45 after school in Noel’s room.

“Growing up I’ve always grown up in the church,” said junior Bible Club leader Yutaka Mahe. “And recently in youth group, August 9th, I was baptized, I really wanted to make an impact on my school, my religion, and I thought the Bible Club was a good way to do it.” 

Finally, there is the Improv and Theatre Club. These club activities will be sharpening students’ acting skills by doing acting exercises and making friends while doing something they love. The ultimate goal is for people to be able to make their very own skits and just have fun.

“When I first came to this school, I was so excited for Theatre Club, but when one of the students told me that it was cut, I was I just crushed,” said freshman Improv Club leader Isabella Gallardo.  “And that made me want to start a club that could substitute that but better.”