Vitruvian Bots Victories

Students on the robotics team posing with their victory banner/Geovani Espinoza Vitruvian Post

Geovani Espinoza, Social Media Editor

The weekend of March 30-31 the Da Vinci Robotics team 4201, The Vitruvian Bots, competed in the For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) Ventura Regional Robotics Competition and won multiple awards.

The Da Vinci Robotics team is composed of 42 members and 10 mentors from Da Vinci Science who are all working towards a similar goal. While competing they won the Chairman’s Award for the second year in a row.

“We won the Chairman’s Award, which is the most prestigious award. It basically recognizes a team who exceptionally brings the FIRST message to those in their community and is role model to other teams,” said Haley Tully, a junior from Da Vinci Science who is on the robotics team. “We present our team to the community and how we bring STEM to the community and how we inspire the next generations of leaders and innovators.”

However, the Chairman’s Award is not the only award that team 4201 won. They also won the UL Star of the Day- it being their first safety award they’ve won. Safety is a priority, not an option.

“We won safety finalist for the first time. Winning Woodie Flowers and Winning Chairman’s again, the team has never felt readier for Houston,” said Brandon Miller a junior on the robotics team.

As well as both the Chairman’s Award and Safety Award, team 4201 took home the Woodie Flowers Finalist Award.

“This is home. In our home, we have team 4201 The Vitruvian Bots where our mission is to make sure that every member of Team 4201 is being equipped with real-life problem-solving skills and real-world experience designing and creating a robot designed to conduct rigorous task,” said Monica Shinh a junior on the robotics team.

Interested in watching and learning more about The Vitruvian Bots? Check out their most recent Chairman’s video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOW1YPtCw6E