Mercy Without Limits

Mercy Without Limits leaders and members gather around as they wear the organization wrist bands. Sarah Carrillo/Vitruvian Post

Sarah Carrillo, Staff Writer

This January a new club based on the non-profit organization, Mercy Without Limits, was founded at DVC. This organization supports children refugees and orphans who live in “third world” countries.

“The organization is happening all around the world and it was started first by my dad and uncle,” said junior Nada Jesri. “We wanted to start the club here at DVC to be able to get this organization more known and be able to help refugees and orphans.”

The club was founded by three junior students who all feel a strong connection towards the club and feel the need to do service for a greater good. They said that the purpose of this club was to educate and empower students by enabling them to have an effective and positive role in constructing a better society.

“Mercy Without Limits is a great way to sponsor an orphan and refugee who’s in need in third world countries and don’t have enough food supply, water supply, and is also in need of education and clothes,” said co-founder Sara Dajani.

This club is an opportunity to branch out to not only our community but also to countries who are in a time of need. Countries that this club will be focusing on helping include; Syria, Turkey, Jordan, Iraq, Sierra Leone, Ghana, and Bangladesh. It’s a way to become a leader in finding ways to make other people’s lives.

“I expect that the students who join are humanitarians at heart because they want to learn more about the issues that are going on with refugees and orphans throughout the world,” stated adviser for Mercy without Limits, Dani Guerrero.

The leaders and adviser of Mercy without Limits expect students to be committed to the club and also have the mindset of being dedicated to helping other countries.

During the meeting, excitement began to rise as Raya Dajani introduced her goals for the club, “I hope we can brainstorm in finding ways to help other countries and using presentations to teach the students who join which will enable them to teach other students in our school.”

The first club meeting was on January 31st where information was provided to students and they had all shared their reasoning for wanting to join the club.

“I feel like this club is important to me personally because these people like myself, are being hated for their kind and their religion and I feel like it’s important for them to have a second shot at life,” said junior Zoraiz Hashmi.

Senior Greg Sulkin stated in excitement, “I saw that this club was about helping orphans and refugees and I have a passion for helping people.”

Students were able to connect with their friends who have similar perspectives on ways to help refugees and orphans.

About the Writer
Sarah Carrillo, Staff Writer

Sarah Carrillo is an 11th grader here at DVC. Family, education and friends are three very important things in her life. Her dream colleges to attend...

2 Responses to “Mercy Without Limits”

1. Gregory Cowgill on February 22nd, 2019 10:13 am

I feel like we really need more clubs like this one, ones that go to such great lengths to try and help others when they are unable to help themselves.

2. Zoraiz Hashmi on February 26th, 2019 9:07 am

I like the idea of this club. Refugees are seen as rapists and murderers in the media, people tend to ignore what they really have been going through

• Mercy Without Limits

Academic Coaches Undercover

• Mercy Without Limits

El Viaje (The Journey)

• Mercy Without Limits

What The Case Of 21 Savage Reveals About Immigration In America

• Mercy Without Limits

Roma, A Triumph At The Oscars

• Mercy Without Limits

Shining the Light on BSU

• Mercy Without Limits

10 Black Unknown Figures

• Features

New Year, New Sport

• Mercy Without Limits

First Floor Family

• Mercy Without Limits

Twinkle, Twinkle, Big Red Moon

• Mercy Without Limits

DVC’s LGBTQ+ Community